Who is Nomad?
Nomad launched on Kickstarter in 2012 with our first product, ChargeCard, a portable USB cable the size and shape of a credit card. We haven't stopped innovating in portable power since. Our new Apple Watch and iPhone products showcase the evolution of Nomad into a truly multi category company, embracing many types of materials to reach our design goals. One thing that hasn't changed about us is our uncompromising commitment to absolute portability in designing essential tools for the modern Nomad.
The Work Environment
We're a team of 25 people working out of a funky, but cool, office in the heart of the downtown Santa Barbara just off State St. Although we maintain a relatively casual work environment; we are focused, dedicated, and hardworking. We're looking for someone who can come in and be trained and learn quickly and vibe well overall with the rest of the team! Specific industry experience is not necessary (though it is of course welcome), rather you'll need an energy for hands on learning, a computer-savvy background and the ability to take true ownership over your responsibilities.
We asked our team what their favorite works perks were to give you a better idea:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Room to grow and take on responsibility. Lead projects.
- 9/80 work schedule: every other Friday off
- Attend cool events, like CES
- Work directly with core team (not a lot of bureaucratic red tape around here)
- Work with a fun team in beautiful Santa Barbara
- Frequent team meals and seltzer water and ebikes
- Snacks, coffee
- World class location in downtown SB, an awesome team, every day is casual Friday dress
- Learn every single day (on every aspect)
- Trusting team
- International & cross-cultural business experience
- Access to fun, new tech accessories
- Employees have active lifestyle
- Integrated systems make problem solving quick
- Ability to be yourself in an accepting, supportive work environment.
Customer Support Associate
The ideal candidate is eager to work at a fast-paced company, is focused with strong work ethic, is adaptable and easy going, has some work experience in a service field (food service and retail both apply), is very computer-savvy, is team-oriented, can keep their cool under pressure, is willing and eager to learn and put in some elbow grease as a member of our small, yet powerful, team.
This is a full-time entry/early-level position, and we're looking for the right cultural fit. We're a close-knit team and we all wear many hats and we're looking for someone committed to being a core part of our team who exhibits strong work ethic and focus.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email and Livechat
- Process returns, exchanges, and replacements
- Manage internal fraud system
- Handle payment disputes
- Work to improve existing systems or create more efficient ones
- Keep customers happy. Customer service is number 1!
- Collaborate on ways to improve our service channels and strategies
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong work ethic, organized and thorough
- Strong ownership taker, independent thinker, entrepreneurially driven to dive into uncharted territories of growing an early stage company
- Strategic and creative problem-solver who loves to tackle new challenges and opportunities, but who can also grind on day to day responsibilities
- A team player who works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
- Able to handle rapidly fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Reliable and on time
- Tech & computer savvy, able to learn and manage the software systems that we rely on
- Must have good written skills and fast typing ability
- Must be a great team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small + growing organization, as well as work professionally with outsourced vendors and partners
- Strong personal and/or professional references
- Adept at Google Drive, email management, and other cloud office and productivity platforms
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.